This month Mimi has tons more hair, she went from walking a few steps to very carefully walking 6 at a time, she has cut her 5th tooth, she's dropped and then added back her naps, she still loves food, she still sleeps through the whole night, she can dance and jump on command, she says Hi, Dada, B for breakfast and D for dog. She LOVES music, all music and will bop on the spot, she has become anxious when we leave the room and may cry for a moment, we finally completed her nursery and we discovered she loves playing outside with water! She is still on 3 milk feeds a day, one breastfed 2 formula or cows milk. She's now drinking really well from her sippy cups.
She loves playing games and you making funny noises at her! Her giggles are to die for! She can now wave bye bye which is super cute! She also loves climbing into cupboards, emptying drawers and playing under tables!
At 11 months old Amelia can do everything a baby her age should be able to do including:
- get into sitting position from stomach
- pick up an object with any part of thumb and finger
- understand "no" but not always obey it
- play patty-cake (clap hands) or wave bye-bye
- walk holding onto furniture, cruise
- pick up a tiny object neatly with tips of thumb and forefinger
- stand alone momentarily
- say one word other than "mama" or "dada"
- The only thing she can't yet do from this category is to say "mama" or "dada" discriminatly
She can several things that 11 month old babies may even be able to do including:
- indicate wants in ways other than crying
- drink from a cup independently
- use immature jargoning (gibberish baby talk)
- respond to a one-step command without gestures
- stand alone well
The things she cannot yet do in this category include:
- say Mama or three or more words other than "mama" and "dada"
- walk well
- play patty-cake (clap hands) or
- point or gesture to something to get needs met
- "play ball" (roll a ball back to you)